It's a little funny calling something that tastes this GOOD, "healthy"- but it's true!
Forget the packaged protein bars at the store; they're expensive and packed with a bunch of preservatives and extra junk that nobody needs. These no-bake, homemade protein bars are simple, quick and delicious. Get ready for this recipe to change your life.
AND the options are really limitless when it comes to these protein packed treats. If there are ingredients or flavors that you prefer, they can easily be subbed out/added in. Want more chocolatey flavor? Add cocoa powder or chocolate chips to the batter. Less chocolate? Skip the melted chocolate at the beginning and add coconut flakes or caramel drizzle!
Now for the game-changing recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups FVF Almond Butter
- 3/4 cup FVF Almond Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup honey (agave or maple syrup work, too)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (melted)
- 1 tsp FVF Almond Oil
- 1 handful of Raw Almonds (optional)
- Combine your chocolate chips and FVF Almond Oil, then melt the chocolate chips. The Almond Oil gives you smoother melted chocolate.
- Spread melted chocolate out on an 8x8 dish, crush Raw Almonds, and sprinkle over top of chocolate.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and either shape with your hands or spread out on top of the chocolate.
- Refrigerate until chilled and then cut into bars.
** Alternatively, you could chill the mixture, cut into bars, dip into melted chocolate individually and then chill again**