It's sometimes a fight to get the kids to eat their veggies. Even as adults we have a hard time with getting in our greens on occasion. But these brown butter almond brussels sprouts tell a different story that the whole family will enjoy!
The crispy brussels sprouts with a warm buttery flavor and hints of sweet cranberry, combined with the added crunch of almonds- everyone will be begging for seconds (and thirds).
- 2 cups brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Vintage Farms Walnut Oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons butter
- splash of lemon juice
- garlic powder
1. Heat your oven to 375°F
2. Halve the brussels sprouts and spread them out on a baking sheet.
3. Take your Fresh Vintage Farms Almond Oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and massage into your brussels until well coated.
4. Roast for 25 minutes or until golden.
5. When your brussels are just about ready to come out, take a pan and heat your butter up until nut brown.
Be careful not to burn the butter.
6. Add in your brussels sprouts, making sure to mix them in well with the butter.
7. Add in your sliced almonds and lemon juice, then stir.
8. Let it simmer to combine for a minute.
9. Your brussels should be browned and you'll be able to smell that delicious brown butter- that's when you know you can remove from heat and stir in your dried cranberries.