Everyone loves a one skillet meal. It's easier to make and requires way less clean up. But don't let its simplicity fool you, this Sausage and Potato Hash is sure to wow even the toughest of tiny breakfast food critics.
We chose to use our trusty cast iron skillet for this recipe, but feel free to use what you have.
Here's what you'll need:
-2 Tablespoons Fresh Vintage Farms Almond Oil
- 3 Large or 6 Small Potatoes (use your favorite, cubed)
-Salt & Pepper
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- Your favorite sausage (about 3 links)
- Red & Green Bell Peppers (1 each, chopped)
- Minced Garlic (3 cloves)
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Cilantro (to garnish)
Here's what you do:
1. Heat up your almond oil in your skillet on medium heat. Add in your cubed potatoes, salt, & pepper. Cook until they are half way cooked through (about 7-10 minutes).
2. Add in your onion and sausage. Cook for another 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add in the bell peppers, garlic, red pepper flakes and stir.
4. Cover your skillet, reduce heat, and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Season some more to taste, garnish with cilantro and serve with scrambled or fried eggs.