Warm and inviting, this cake is guaranteed to bring everyone together. Delicious peaches and nutty almonds are the keys to this hit dessert.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Fresh Vintage Farms Almond Oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 peaches
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Thinly slice peaches and set aside.
3. Separate the egg white and yolks and place into two bowls.
4. In another large bowl, combine the almond flour, cornstarch, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
5. In the bowl with egg yolks, add the milk, almond oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk well until all combined.
6. Gradually incorporate the liquid batter (eggs, milk, and oil) to the dry ingredients bowl (almond flour, cornstarch,etc). Make sure to whisk while pouring the liquid to avoid clumps.
7. Take your bowl with the egg whites with a pinch of salt and whisk until soft peaks form. We highly recommend using a mixer for this task.
8. Gently fold in the egg whites with the other ingredients, gradually adding it to the batter. Be careful not to over-mix.
9. Pour the cake batter in a deep, round, non-stick cake pan (we recommend one with removable edges).
10. Place the peach slices over the cake. We did a circle pattern, but get creative with your fruit placement!
11. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350°F.
Once ready, let it cool before removing from the pan.